As the author of Flying Free: Life Lessons Learned on the Flying Trapeze, Lynn has been featured in The New York Times, on NBC-affiliate WBRE-TV, and on radio. She is a frequent speaker for women’s and entrepreneur groups.
Working on her first novel set in the Indian Himalayas, Lynn is a world traveler whose journeys sometimes lead to relocation. She has lived in New York City, Encinitas, San Francisco and Mill Valley, California, the South of France, India, and Bali.
Lifestyle and Travel Writing
- USA Today, The Point: Travel Guide to Northeast Pennsylvania, December 15, 2013.
- San Francisco Chronicle, Taking Flight: Flying trapeze offers a workout for body, mind & soul, September 23, 2004.
- The Dallas Morning News, Himalayan downhill, Sunday travel feature, September 2, 2007.
- BlogHer.com, Traveling abroad with your dog, an article that generated over 13,000 clicks in one day, September 5, 2011.
- Gaiam Publications, regular contributor to Common Ground and Whole Life Times, 2006-2008.
- MetLife, Inc. Contracted writer and editor for over 20 years, creating the customer retention newsletter, Life Advice, featuring articles on health, lifestyle and finance, and distributed to more than 500,000 customers.
- Revolution Digital. Marketing copywriter and branding expert.
- Modern Luxury-Tourbillon International. Contributing writer to nine coffee table books about luxury jewelry and watches.
- Design Done Right. Writer and editor for websites, ad copy and marketing collateral for extensive range of clients.
- Indraloka Animal Sanctuary. Writer for press releases, fundraising materials and email marketing campaigns that resulted in raising $100,000 in 10 months for nonprofit.
- Business writing includes business plans, white papers, product information guides, brochures and user manuals.
Editing and Proofreading
- Developmental, copy and line editing of masters theses to conform with APA style.
- Edit and proofread book and short form manuscripts.
- Edit speeches and presentations for clear, concise communication.
Temple University: BA, Journalism, 1988.
University of California, Berkley, feature writing for magazines and newspapers, 2004.
“I’ve had the pleasure of working with Lynn Braz for many years, and the newsletters she has produced have generated a great deal of positive feedback from readers. Lynn is customer-focused, and committed to delivering quality work for her clients. I highly recommend Lynn.”
~ John D’Onofrio, Marketing Director Total Control Account, MetLife Inc.
“I’ve worked with Lynn Braz for over 10 years. MetLife’s Total Control Account holders have consistently told us they enjoy reading the Life Advice newsletters, that they are very helpful, the articles are well selected, and that the articles contain pertinent advice. I believe Lynn’s services have comforted our customers through difficult times. Overall, the newsletter truly is a good source of life advice. I can’t recommend Lynn highly enough.”
~ Emily Feldman, FLMI, ACS, Senior Product Consultant, MetLife, Inc.
“Flying Free is one of those books to keep by your bed and pick up for daily inspiration on how to face fears, keep going and conquer whatever it is that stops you from fulfilling your dreams. A fun and easy read.”
~ E. Katherine Kerr, Award-winning stage and film actor who costarred in Silkwood, Children of a Lesser God, Suspect, among many others. She is also the author of The Four Principles: Applying the Keys of Brilliant Acting to Life
“Lynn Braz offers trapeze as a meaningful metaphor for living with honesty that inspires us to leap from our own safe platforms.”
~ Erin Byrne, Award-winning author, poet, essayist and filmmaker, whose work has appeared in numerous anthologies and magazines and whose film, The Storykeeper, won Best Documentary Short at the 2013 Geneva Film Festival
“In Flying Free, Lynn Braz did what the great yogis advise: She went toward her fear instead of running away from it and shows us by example how to extract both practical and profound insights from any activity—particularly those that challenge us. Thank you, Lynn, for daring to let go and fly between the trapeze bars!”
~ Jane Brunette, Author of Grasshopper Guru, poet, writing coach, Huffington Post spirituality blogger and founder of global writing circle Writing from the Soul
“Lynn Braz writes with honesty and insight. Flying Free inspires us to move past perfectionism and soar.”
~ Erin Reese, Author of The Adventures of Bindi Girl: Diving Deep Into the Heart of India
“Flying Free contains wisdom, spunk, and is written with sincerity. I know of Lynn’s fearlessness, as she coached me through mine. The take away I get from reading Flying Free is that I can move freely in this world and not be afraid of fear itself. This book is a powerful metaphor and great medicine for these times.”
~ J. Delfina Piretti, M.A., M.F.T., psychotherapist and expressive arts therapist
“Lynn writes with awareness and clarity about the joys of transforming challenges into opportunities for richer life experiences.”
~ Tarra Christoff, M.A., Creator of the Inspired Work telecast and Omega Institute workshop leader
“Lynn is wonderful to work with. Always conscious of logistical considerations, she provides sparkling, well-researched prose that is a pleasure to read. She is completely on top of her game!”
~ Elise Nussbaum, Editor-in-Chief of Jewelry International, Tourbillon International
“Thank You, Thank You, your communication tips came when I really needed help. I was getting frustrated not being able to communicate adequately with my mother. Your tips really have helped me. Again Thank You.”
~ Anita H., Total Control Accountholder, MetLife Inc.
“I thoroughly enjoy Life Advice. I began to receive it when my husband passed in 1993. It was so appropriate and appreciated at that time. There are many time-worthy articles including those not addressing grief. I find the articles in your issues that have been useful to my friends and have passed it on to them. THANK YOU FOR A JOB WELL DONE.”
~ Jane W., Total Control Accountholder, MetLife Inc.
“Over the past 10 years I have read with interest Life Advice, and many times felt it was speaking directly to me. I received your most recent newsletter and I feel from cover to cover, it will be worthwhile reading to some of my senior and not so senior friends.”
~ Gregory D., Total Control Accountholder, MetLife Inc.
“I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the “Life Advice” newsletter you send with the statements. It is the best newsletter from any organization that I have ever received—very real, very helpful and contains very pertinent advice.”
~ Carolyn P., Total Control Accountholder, MetLife Inc.
“I always enjoy reading the Life Advice Newsletter. Autumn of 2011 was about the best one ever. Your year end financial review tips were excellent. Thanks.”
~ Nancy S. Total Control Accountholder, MetLife Inc.